Pineapple Minty-Lemonade - Beat the Heat !
Here is another juice for summer. Lemonades are always a hit during summers. And if it is with mint.. its a super hit. And how about another awesome flavour along with the citrus flavour? I thought of mixing pineapple with the regular lemonade. Pineapple is already the king of tropical fruits. Mixing it with the other two flavour bombs.. mint and lemon. You have to try it to find the medley of flavours.
Fort more summer killers - Juices
Have you ever wondered why do we feel a sort of tenderness in our tongue after eating pineapple.. that is because of the bromelain enzyme present in the pineapple is primarily a meat tenderising enzyme which helps in the digestion of tough foods. And this means, that this results in softening or tenderising of your "meat" such as your lips, tongue and gums hence you may experience a sensitivity or tenderness if you eat too much pineapple. adding little salt or sugar to the might help this property of pineapple. because i fount that it doesn't itch if we eat pineapple with salt or sugar on it.
Okay .. now back to mixing up the juice..
- Pineapple juice - 2 cups
- lemon juice - 1/4 cup
- water - 1 and 1/2 cups
- mint - 5 leaves (crushed with a pinch of rock salt)
- ice cubes - 1 cup
- sugar - as required (may be slightly less than regular lemonade as we are using pineapple juice)
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces, run it in a blender with very little water and strain it to get the pineapple juice.
- Dissolve the sugar in the plain water.
- once the sugar is dissolved, mix the pineapple juice, lemon juice, crushed mint and ice cubes.
- stir well and serve it cold.
Enjoy this flavourful healthy fruit juice with your family on a hot summer day. The goodness of pineapple, mint and lemon -- bonus !!
Happy cooking !!