Paneer - Peas Pulav
Paneer-peas pulav is an easy rice recipe which is very handy for dinners. it doesnt take much time as other veg pulavs.
I made this paneer-peas pulav and made paneer butter masala as side dish. i know its paneer everywhere 😁.
I wanted to keep it easy and wanted a short cut for the rice recipe. i did not have any recipe for this. i thought of just grinding all the ingredients, sauteing and make the rice. i did so too. the output was decently good. it was worth sharing. its just that you need to have mint in hand. guess otherwise ginger garlic is always in your fridge. No tomatoes required.
this is how i made the paneer peas pulav the other day.
- Basmathi rice - 1 cup
- paneer - 100 grams
- peas (fresh) - 1/2 cup
- green chillies - 2
- onion - 1 small
- mint - 1/2 cup pressed
- coriander leaves - few twigs
- ginger - 1 inch peice
- garlic - 2 cloves
- cinnamon, cardamom, cloves (CCC) - 2 pieces each
- bay leaf - 1
- salt as required
- oil - 2 tablespoons
- wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes
- take a blender and take the onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic, mint and coriander leaves in it and blend it into coarse paste.
- take oil in a pressure cooker or any thick bottom container.
- add the CCC and bay leaf.
- add the paste and saute for 10 minutes till oil separates.
- add the peas and mix.
- add the paneer and saute for few more minutes.
- add 2 cups water to this and bring to a boil.
- then add the rice to the boiling water and add salt.
- once this rice starts boiling cover the cooker or the container and cook the rice for 10 minutes in low heat.
- after 10 minutes the rice is ready to be served with your favourite curry or sidedish.
This is one nice and easy rice recipe to make a routine-roti-dinners to the special week end dinner.