Monday, July 2, 2018

Mango Pudding - Use the Season

Mango Pudding - With Coconut Milk


Mango pudding is the new dish I tried with mango fruits this season. I used flavourful Banganapalli mangoes. 
Banganapalli mangoes were always close to my heart. We grew up eating only Banganapalli mango varieties during season. Big.. juicy.. colourful.. very flavourful.. smells awesomely mango-ish. I used to smell the mango and choose them. It should have this awesome mango smell when ready to eat. The colour of the mango  also is secondary. So, the smell of the mango is the key tip to check before you buy any mango. When the mango smells heavenly, you will know that it IS the mango you wanted.


Talking about mangoes, it takes me back to the days when I was a small kid. My father always used to eat curd rice with mangoes. I too got used to this combo. And during mango season, I still eat curd rice with mangoes.. especially Banganapalli or Bengalura. In our life, most of us crib that we can't find happiness anywhere. That is because.. we are searching in a wrong place. See.. even a simple mango can bring such a happiness and contentment in life. 😇


This mango pudding is a must try for the season. I added coconut milk for taste and richness and condensed milk for extra sweetness.
Now the recipe.

Ingredients:

  • mango pieces (peeled) - 2 cups
  • coconut milk (thick) - 1 big tumbler
  • condensed milk - 4 tablespoon
  • sugar - 4 teaspoons (or as required)
  • agar agar - 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
  • water - 1/2 cup

Procedure:

  • take the mango pieces, condensed milk, coconut milk and sugar in the mixer jar and run the mixer till smooth. (if the mixture is too thick you can add little milk. but mostly, it wont be necessary)
  • now heat that 1/2 cup water in a small cup. 
  • once it starts to reach boiling stage, add the finely cut agar agar. 
  • keep stirring till all the agar agar dissolves and become a clear liquid. 
  • then turn off the stove.
  • after couple of minutes, when the agar agar solution had reached bearable temperature, transfer this to the mango-coconut milk smoothie in the mixer jar.
  • give a final whip in the mixer. 
  • quickly pour it in nice glass bowls and leave it in the fridge for couple of hours.
  • the mango pudding will be set in those 2 hours and is ready to be consumed.
  • decorate with your favourite toppings and serve it chill on a hot sunny day.

I topped it up with mango pieces and tutti-fruity. I can suggest you to top it up with whipped cream or vanilla/mango ice cream. And that depends upon how your big foodie you are.. 😛

Happy cooking !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like. . .

One of my favourite. . .

Maravalli Kizhangu - Tapioca Tuber Stir Fry

மரவள்ளிக்கிழங்கு or Aalvalli Kizhangu Poriyal This is my yet another childhood time pass food item. even though my mother never ...

Check out some more Delicacies. . .

Snacks