Tomato Soup - Kids Favourite
Tomato soup - is the only soup my daughter asks as the first item in any restaurant. We would advice her that there are many more soup varieties in this world which she can try. But we never won her decision in this soup matter.
So, since she liked this soup, she keeps pestering me to make it on some weekend morning as she can drink it peacefully for one hour without any rush for school. Another demand from her is.. she needs the fried cornflakes to accompany her soup as croutons. And that is true that the fried cornflakes are fun to have with hot soup.
- tomatoes - 5 medium
- onion - 1 big
- carrot - 1 big
- ginger - one small piece
- corn flour - 2 teaspoon
- salt as per taste
- pepper powder - as required
- butter - 2 teaspoon
- bay leaf - 1
- take a pressure cooker and add the cut onion, tomato, ginger, and carrot in it.
- add half a cup of water and pressure cook it for 5 minutes.
- open the cooker and cool it.
- once it reached the room temperature, transfer it to a blender and grind it.
- add 3 cups more water to this and dilute it.
- filter it in a strainer.
- now take a pan, melt the butter and add the bay leaf.
- pour the soup into this butter with bay leaf.
- let it come to a boil.
- check salt. let it boil for 5 minutes.
- now dissolve the corn flour in 1/2 cup and add this to the boiling soup. this will slightly thicken the soup.
- once it has boiled for another 5 minutes turn off the stove.
- now the colourful and tasty tomato soup is ready to be served.
Like the road side soup vendors in Chennai, I too have our soup with deep fried cornflakes. Its awesome with the hot soup. The crispness of the cornflakes and slight pepper shower on the hot tomato soup.. you got to try it !!
Happy cooking !!