Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Beetroot Halwa - For Beautiful Moments

Beetroot Halwa



When I see brilliant colours in flowers, fruits and vegetables.. I have always wondered how nature brings these bright pigments in one place. In flowers, its colours and fragrances.. in fruits and veggies its colours and tastes. I always relate colour to happiness. when I see any fully bloomed Cassia fistula tree this summer.. I feel it is the most happiest tree on earth. It just flowers like crazy. That is so very contagious.. I feel happy the very instant I see it. I can understand why flowers and fruits are brilliantly coloured. But why beets and carrots are colourful.. they are roots!! 




Okay now back to beetroot halwa. Beetroot halwa is easy to make brilliant-coloured dessert. Except the grating part.. beetroot halwa is easy to make and good to eat. 
The recipe is same as carrot halwa. 


Ingredients:

  • beetroot grated - 2 cups
  • sugar - 1 cup
  • cardamom powder 
  • cashews
  • ghee

Procedure:

  • Wash, peel and grate the beetroots. 
  • Heat some ghee in a thick pan. Add the beetroot in it and saute till all the water from it evaporates.
  • Once all the water is gone, add the sugar to this and mix well.
  • Now the mixture becomes little loose as the sugar melts. 
  • Saute this well till the halwa becomes thick and glossy.
  • Add cardamom powder, ghee roasted cashews on it and mix well.
  • In the end add few tablespoons of ghee and give the final mix.
  • The easy and tasty beetroot halwa is ready to be served as any evening snack or for any special occasions.


Tips:
You can use melon seeds too which give a nice bite to the halwa.
Sharing some halwa with your friends makes the day even special!
You can replace white sugar with jaggery also - healthier version! 

Happy cooking !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like. . .

One of my favourite. . .

Maravalli Kizhangu - Tapioca Tuber Stir Fry

மரவள்ளிக்கிழங்கு or Aalvalli Kizhangu Poriyal This is my yet another childhood time pass food item. even though my mother never ...

Check out some more Delicacies. . .

Snacks